ArchiMate® is a registered trademark of The Open Group. Our training materials of 'ArchiMate® 3 Training course' are accredited by The Open Group.
- Level: Foundation & Practitioner
- Dates & locations: Online, start any time you prefer
- Price: EUR 1.050 incl. course materials, literature and exam voucher bundle. This price is excl. VAT (for information see 'registration')
- What do you need: A laptop/computer with internet access
- Payment: Payment can be done by credit card. You will receive an invoice or proof of payment by email.
ArchiMate® as a language
Architecture modeling and visualization requires an unambiguous framework and language, especially across business units, locations and cultures. ArchiMate® is the global independent standard, co-developed by BiZZdesign and adopted by The Open Group.
Advantages of this course
Becoming ArchiMate® Certified by the Open Group proves your knowledge and abilities with the ArchiMate® standard and its application, and there is no better preparation than the BiZZdesign training courses. Our course is designed for Enterprise Architects, Consultants, and Business Analysts alike.
This online course is designed for those who want to learn about and apply ArchiMate® as a modeling language. You’ll gain knowledge of the structure, key concepts and techniques of the ArchiMate® standard, and learn how to model and visualize architectures.
Given BiZZdesign’s intimate involvement in the development of the standard, you can be assured to receive the best possible information. Your virtual trainer is Marc Lankhorst, who has led the development of ArchiMate ever since its first days and currently heads the team of Open Group members that evolves the standard.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be ready to take the ArchiMate® 3 Foundation and Practitioner exams at a Pearson Vue Testing Center. The Foundation exam can also be taken online. After you pass the exams, you will be ArchiMate® 3 Practitioner certified and registered with The Open Group. Our trainers are ArchiMate® Practitioner certified and authorized to deliver our accredited courses. They have trained over 2000 ArchiMate® participants with a 98% exam pass rate.
Content of the e-course
The course covers the content of the standard and comprises the following subjects:
- Introduction to the course
- General definitions you need to know
- Structure of the ArchiMate® language: the layers and aspects of its framework
- Business layer: the operational organization of the enterprise
- Application layer: the structure, behavior and interactions of the applications of the enterprise
- Technology layer: the IT infrastructure of the enterprise
- Physical elements: technology in the non-IT world
- Relationships: connecting the various elements of the language
- Cross-layer dependencies: how do the layers relate to each other?
- Motivation elements: the reasons behind the architecture
- Strategy elements: high-level direction of the enterprise
- Implementation & migration elements: how to implement change
- Generic metamodel: the deep structure of the language
- Stakeholders, views and viewpoints: communicating with others about the architecture
- Customization of the language: adapting the ArchiMate® framework to your needs
- Practice exam: test yourself to see if you are ready
At the end of this course you will:
- Understand the background, key concepts and applications of the ArchiMate® standard for modeling and describing architectures
- Understand the layers and aspects of the ArchiMate® standard, how they relate and cover the enterprise
- Know each of the concepts of the language, its definition, notation and use
- Be able to use the ArchiMate® language and techniques to visualize and communicate architectures
- Be able to apply the derivation rules for relationships in the language
- Understand the language customization mechanism
- Be able to apply the ArchiMate® standard in more complex modeling situations
- Be able to complete the ArchiMate® 3 Foundation and Practitioner exams (with some self-directed study)
Prerequisites and preparation
No specific prerequisites. Prior to the exam, you will need approximately 20 hours of self-directed study to prepare for the exam. This mainly consists of reading the ArchiMate® 3 Specification book.
Duration to take the eLearning
We offer all the course material in our online environment. This includes the official ArchiMate 3.0.1 Specification, the ArchiMate Pocket Guide, and several quick references. Next to that, we recommend the book “Enterprise Architecture at Work” to those who would like to know more about the background of the language.
After your registration via the subscription form, you will receive an email with access to the eLearning course in the BiZZdesign learning environment. You can pay directly online by credit card (including direct confirmation) or via an invoice. We will send you an invoice within 2 weeks per email. We charge 21% VAT within the Netherlands or outside the Netherlands if you don't add a VAT number in the subscription form.