Informal, relaxed and down-to-earth: these words best describe our software team (and the work culture in the Enschede office of course!). As BiZZdesign is growing rapidly, we are looking for (Junior) Software Engineers with cloud development experience willing to join one of our two multi-disciplinary and self-organizing Agile teams. We are looking for candidates with high standards of excellence to join our team, and help us build the best possible tools for our international clients.
BiZZdesign helps large organizations deal with change, stay in control and foster growth. Being part of BiZZdesign means helping our clients manage their businesses in the best possible way. You will work with highly talented engineers and take on complex and challenging projects.
As a member of the team, you will facilitate the growth of BiZZdesign and help satisfy our clients. We value work/life balance and personal input. We welcome new ideas and input on how BiZZdesign, being a post-start-up company, can do things better!
What you will do:
- Work closely with your team to meet customer requirements
- Co-create new functionality and maintain BiZZdesign Enterprise Studio
- Plan your tasks and monitor their progress
- Keep up to date with the latest techniques regarding cloud software development
- Play an active role in the introduction of new methods and tools for development.
What you will bring to the team:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (IT related)
- You’re a Starter/Medior or Senior level candidate
- Knowledge in one of the major programming languages (C++, C#, Java) preferred
- Experience in developing software deploying in cloud environments preferred
- You’re fluent in the English language and preferably know some Dutch (willingness to learn).
What you’re like:
- Problem-solving mentality
- Team player
- You enjoy managing your own time
This role will be located in Enschede, The Netherlands
- A challenging position in a growing, innovative company
- An open and informal software team with a passion for our product
- The ability to make a change and provide input on strategic level
Our software approach
We believe in being as open and transparent as possible, we are a software company above all. However, our website is naturally oriented towards our customers and will not give you an impression of the way BiZZdesign creates software.
Below you will find a very brief overview (not complete!) of the tools, procedures and technologies we use.
- Two multi-disciplinary feature teams, who deliver end-to-end feature for our customers in a two-week sprint cycle. Each team has their own scrum master, and we have one overall product owner.
- We hold true to the agile principles, and incrementally try to improve the way we work.
- We use Jira for our ticketing system, Bitbucket for our code, nvie as the base for our git branching model and are moving from Jenkins to Bamboo for our test and deployment automation needs.
- Our Enterprise Studio desktop client is developed using C++ and is packaged with our Activity Console which is developed in C#. Both utilize SQLite databases for data storage. The activity Console communicates via a REST API with our Team Server.
- Our Team Server is developed in Java and uses the Play Framework as its base. It stores its data in an SQL Server database. And finally, it offers a web application written with AngularJS for browser access to data and tasks.
- Finally, we deploy our server and desktop client in a cloud solution, where we are always looking for better and smarter ways of reaching our goals.
BiZZdesign is a leading software company that supports organizations in designing business change. We are a global organization with 1,000+ customers on six continents and offices in many countries across the globe. We partner with leading consultancies, distributors and resellers to provide our customers with the best support possible for business transformation planning and execution. Our dedication to fulfilling customer needs shows both in our rapid growth and in our long-standing customer relationships, with many clients being with us for a decade or more.
Founded in 2000 as a spin-off from an applied R&D institute, we have strong roots in research and innovation.